Storing 'landscape' section in autotext entries

Robie
5StarLounger

Storing 'landscape' section in autotext entries

Post by Robie »

Hi

So far no success for me so a question to the forum. I have template which can have portrait and landscape sections. The thought was that I would create mixture of portait/landscape sections in my template, update the relevant headers/footers, add default text. Then I would take a copy of, for example, starting from section break to the next (landscape) section, default paragraph, next paragraph & store it in the autotext entries in my template. Then the user can just insert the 'landscape' section from the autotext entry.

What I find it that it *does not* retain the landscaping orientation for the newly added section :-(. Am I doing something wrong? It works fine when going from landscape to portrait, i.e. I am able to add a portrait section (from the autotext entry)from a landscaped page & it looks fine.

EDIT: Doing this so that all the headers/footers are properly formatted in the landscaped section. The picture shows what I am storing in the autotext entry for adding landscape section from within a portrait section.
8.png
Thanks.

Robie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Storing 'landscape' section in autotext entries

Post by HansV »

You'd have to include the section breaks before AND after the landscape section in the AutoText entry. But including the section break before the landscape section means that you also include the header and footer of the previous section. That may not be desirable.
Best wishes,
Hans

Robie
5StarLounger

Post by Robie »

HansV wrote:You'd have to include the section breaks before AND after the landscape section in the AutoText entry. But including the section break before the landscape section means that you also include the header and footer of the previous section. That may not be desirable.
Thanks Hans. You are correct - I need to give this a bit more thought.

BTW: While I am here, is there any way to clear the undo stack but only certain number of items - *not* all? I just want remove some undo items not all. Thanks.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

You can undo a specific number of actions:

ActiveDocument.Undo Times:=5

will undo the last 5 actions. But you can only clear the entire undo stack, you cannot clear part of it:

ActiveDocument.UndoClear

doesn't have an argument to specify a number of actions.
Best wishes,
Hans