Margins

jmt356
SilverLounger

Margins

Post by jmt356 »

I have a document with a large space between the last line of the footnotes and the top of the footer. There is no paragraph spacing assigned to the top line of the footer. There are no blank paragraph breaks between the footnotes and the footer. The footer is set to .5" from the edge of the page.

The bottom page margin is 1". I would expect that this means that excluding the footers, the very last line of the page, which in my case would be the last footnote line, would be 1" from the bottom of the page. However, this is not the case. The last footnote line is 1 and 3/8 " from the bottom of the page. It is approximately 3/4" above the top line of the footer.

Within this context, I am not sure what the 1" bottom margin means as it seems to correspond with nothing.

When I reduce the 1" bottom to .5", it decreases the space between the footnotes and the footer, but I don't know what is going on. Do you?
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Re: Margins

Post by HansV »

Could you attach a sample document with dummy text that illustrates the problem? Thanks in advance.
Best wishes,
Hans