Modify/Save the picture styles in Word 2007/2010

Rudi
gamma jay

Modify/Save the picture styles in Word 2007/2010

Post by Rudi »

Hi,

Is there a tweak to modify the picture styles in Word 2007/2010.
Picture Styles.png
I use the the "Simple Frame, Black" style very often, but this style puts a thick black border around the picture, and I have to keep going to the Picture Borders button to change the thickness to one point. This is an annoyance. I was hoping there is a registry setting to modify the thickness of the border, or if not, just a way to add a new custom style to the gallery to act as a simple point and click.

Any suggestions/tweaks will be valued.

BTW: Format painter applies the style from one picture to the next. Is there a way of saving the format like a paragraph format into a style?? Just brainstorming....
TX
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Modify the picture styles in Word 2007/2010

Post by HansV »

No, as far as I know you cannot customize the Picture Styles gallery in any way.
Best wishes,
Hans

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Modify/Save the picture styles in Word 2007/2010

Post by Rudi »

About my brainstorming....

One can create a paragraph format that affects a picture based on alignment and line spacing and borders (paragraph borders...not picture borders)...etc. This can be useful if the pic is in a paragraph, but it has nothing to do with the picture attributes. The gallery styles are pretty fixed and the best route to take if you use these styles often is apply it on one picture and then use the format painter for the rest.

TX for confirming Hans.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.