Delay printing envelopes

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Delay printing envelopes

Post by ChrisGreaves »

(not a critical issue, more FYI than anything)
I force myself to do things slowly - print the letter face side, print the letter back side, print the envelope face side, print the envelope back side.
I've tried batch operations and I generally end up getting confused and trashing cream-colored envelopes and/or cream-colored sheets of paper.
Last week I ran a set of letters and stood waiting for two minutes (I timed it) after each envelope pass. That means it was taking me about 5 minutes to print and stuff an envelope/letter. These are good times for quiet contemplation.
I've run out of the cream-colored envelopes, so I'm now using a stack from the local Dollar Store, and they go through like greased lightning!

I've not changed my printer settings; it's the same HP2600N installation. I'm still printing from the notebook across the network to the Big Beige Box which is my print server.

The only thing I can think of is envelope size - the cream envelopes were about 2 mm higher, and were the same width.

I find it hard to believe that the HP2600N would detect the 2mm difference from the sheet-feeder sliders at the front of the machine, and then need 2 minutes to "re-cycle" itself before accepting another sheet feed.

But what else is there?
IMG_5053.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

Leif
Administrator

Re: Delay printing envelopes

Post by Leif »

I regularly re-use paper and find that if the 'back' - i.e. the previously used side - has been heavily printed, my HP detects this and prints at a slower speed. I have always assumed that it thinks I'm doing a manual duplex job, or maybe an overprint, and is taking care not to spoil the first print.

If your Dollar Store envelopes are white, could it be that it is detecting the 'cream' colour as a previous print?
Leif

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: Delay printing envelopes

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Leif wrote:If your Dollar Store envelopes are white, could it be that it is detecting the 'cream' colour as a previous print?
Could be, although I hadn't thought of the HP2600N being that smart.
If I'd known you back then, :grin: when I had cream coloured envelopes to hand, I could have tried printing the backside first, then the front.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle