Collapsing header in Word 2007

boolyn
NewLounger

Collapsing header in Word 2007

Post by boolyn »

In several documents that I work with on a regular basis (so not original documents, but rather, used as a template created by somebody else), the header collapses in size, cutting out text and/or graphics and throwing the whole document spacing off. I can go into the header and fix it by double clicking it and/or hitting enter to add another line and then deleting that line. This fix is only temporary as it collapses over and over again. I did a google search and one man thought it happened after every autosave. Does anybody know how to fix this problem?

HansV
Administrator

Re: Collapsing header in Word 2007

Post by HansV »

Welcome to Eileen's Lounge!

That's a weird problem, and as Word MVP Suzanne Barnhill mentions in The Collapsing Header - Word 2007, it should not be happening. I've never seen this happen myself.

Do the documents have something in common, e.g. are they all based on the same template?

Have you tried clearing the check box "Save AutoRecover information every ... minutes" in Office button > Word Options > Save? If so, does it make a difference?
Best wishes,
Hans

boolyn
NewLounger

Post by boolyn »

They are all different documents. The only thing they have in common is they all have a graphic and text within the header, although the graphics are different in all the documents.

I cleared the AutoRecovery option and it seems to have worked.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

boolyn wrote:I cleared the AutoRecovery option and it seems to have worked.
That's what the thread you found mentions too. It's a pity to have to do it, but if it solves the problem...
Best wishes,
Hans