Moving footnotes

Pilgrim
2StarLounger

Moving footnotes

Post by Pilgrim »

Sometimes I am sent .doc files that have the footnotes at the bottom of each page. I would like to move all the footnotes to the very end of the document and retain the numbering. I tried "convert to endnote" but that didn't work out well at all. :angel: And in the particular document I'm working with now, I can't even use 'cut/paste' to move them individually without all kinds of anomalies resulting.

Anyone have some neat tricks to accomplish what I need to do?

ADDENDUM: Okay, I was playing around and found a way to do this. I first converted the Footnotes to Endnotes which then gave me the option to move the Endnotes to the end of the document and also choose the type of numbering I want.
Last edited by Pilgrim on 31 May 2011, 22:37, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

HansV
Administrator

Re: Moving footnotes

Post by HansV »

What problem did you have with "Convert all footnotes to endnotes"? I have to admit I don't use it frequently, but on those occasions I needed it, it seemed to work OK...
Best wishes,
Hans

Pilgrim
2StarLounger

Post by Pilgrim »

HansV wrote:What problem did you have with "Convert all footnotes to endnotes"? I have to admit I don't use it frequently, but on those occasions I needed it, it seemed to work OK...
See my edited original post. What I first tried was to highlight 3 footnotes that were on the first page, right-clicked and got the menu where "convert to endnotes" was an option. Choosing that sent those 3 footnotes to the bottom of the document but the numbering for all the remaining 58 footnotes was changed as was the superscript numbering. It wasn't until I found the global options for Footnotes & Endnotes in the "Reference" section (Word 2007) as stated above that I was given the option to move all of them at once and to revert back to Arabic numbering which they were originally. :innocent:
Jeff

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

OK, thanks for the feedback. Glad you were able to solve it!
Best wishes,
Hans