Endnote Woes

Sundog
5StarLounger

Endnote Woes

Post by Sundog »

In Word 2007, I inherited a document with 250 endnotes. On another machine running Word 2007, I was able to add breaks and material after the endnotes [in a different document]. When I try that in the 250-endnote document, Insert => Page Break and References => Breaks are both grayed out. I don't see anything obvious in Word Options. What is causing this different behavior, and how can I correct it?
Sundog

HansV
Administrator

Re: Endnote Woes

Post by HansV »

Endnotes are literally at the end of the document. I don't see how it would be possible to insert breaks after the endnotes...
Best wishes,
Hans

Sundog
5StarLounger

Post by Sundog »

In the different document, I was able to add a section break after the endnotes, followed by text. My understanding is that endnotes show up after a section break that occurs at the end of the text containing endnotes. That's what worked in the different document. Is this not so?
Sundog

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

You can insert a section break when you're at the end of the text, not when the insertion point is in the endnotes.

If you have endnotes at the end of the document, inserting a break will push the endnotes down, obviously. If you have endnotes at the end of each section, inserting a section break will create a section after the endnotes.

You can specify the type of endnotes in the dialog that appears when you click the arrow in the lower right corner of the Footnote group of the References tab of the ribbon.
x513.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Sundog
5StarLounger

Post by Sundog »

Ah, that's what's going on. I forgot where to find that pane. Changed to "End of section," Alles Gut, thanks.
Sundog