Special-size envelopes

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Special-size envelopes

Post by ChrisGreaves »

In the thread Pages per Sheet (printing) I documented (for me!) a revolutionary breakthrough.
Based on what I learned there I think I've solved another puzzle - non-standard envelope sizes.
And by extension, non-standard paper sizes.

I have a stock of cards & envelopes. The envelopes are 21cm x 10.5 cm, slightly smaller, by about one centimetre, than my regular envelopes.
My macro to print envelopes works fine, except for these weird-size enevlopes; they print offset horizontally.

I seem to have solved the problem by cloning a printer (Start, Settings, Printers, Add printer) just as I did for 2-up and 4-up pages per sheet printing.

In this case I went into (HP2600N laser)
  • Printing Preferences
  • Paper Quality
  • Size
  • Custom
  • Set size to 21x100.5 cm
I called the cloned printer "Lap_DUCA", because it is on the LAPTop and deals with the credit-union "DUCA" envelopes.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

HansV
Administrator

Re: Special-size envelopes

Post by HansV »

ChrisGreaves wrote:Set size to 21x100.5 cm
Wow! That's some envelope! :grin:
Best wishes,
Hans

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

HansV wrote:Wow! That's some envelope! :grin:
Hans, my friend, if you slowed down and paid attention to detail you would have seen that they are "enevlopes", not "envelopes".
And anyway, if you think the 100.5 cm enevlopes are big, you should see the size of my printer ... :hairout:

ABabeNChrist
SilverLounger

Post by ABabeNChrist »

ChrisGreaves wrote: because it is on the LAPTop.
ChrisGreaves wrote:
HansV wrote:Wow! That's some envelope! :grin:
Hans, my friend, if you slowed down and paid attention to detail you would have seen that they are "enevlopes", not "envelopes".
And anyway, if you think the 100.5 cm enevlopes are big, you should see the size of my printer ... :hairout:
It must be hard to perform tasks with such a large printer on your LAPTop :grin: :rofl:

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

ABabeNChrist wrote:It must be hard to perform tasks with such a large printer on your LAPTop
One more smart-aleck comment like that and I'm going to hijack this thread. :cranky: (grin)