Opening the most recent documents in Word 2016

jmt356
SilverLounger

Opening the most recent documents in Word 2016

Post by jmt356 »

In Word 2010, alt + f + r brought up a dialogue with all of my recent documents. Pressing 1 would open the most recent document; pressing 2 would open the second most recent document, etc. Now, I need to press Y3 to open the most recent document, Y4 to open the second most, etc. It is counter-intuitive to associate the number 3 with the most recent, the number 4 with the second most recent, etc. It is also inefficient to require typing in the letter Y. Is it possible to restore the functionality of Word 2010, which would bring up the most recent document by simply pressing 1, the second most recent by pressing 2, etc.?
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Re: Opening the most recent documents in Word 2016

Post by HansV »

Not that I know of... :sad:
Best wishes,
Hans

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

I find Word 2016's Recent list to be extraordinarily counter-intuitive. Do the files that show up in Recents come in any kind of order? They do not appear to be arranged in the order of documents that I recently closed.
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

On my PC, pinned documents are in alphabetical order of their name, while the rest is sorted on last modified date...
Best wishes,
Hans

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

Mine is the same as HansV's, system
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

Charles Kenyon
5StarLounger

Post by Charles Kenyon »

One other thing about the recent files pinned lists is that pinned files and folders appear in alphabetical order, except that those with names starting in lower-case will follow all which start in upper--case. That is...
Alpha
Beta
Gamma
alpha

I took a cue from Suzanne Barnhill and added a Recent Files icon to the QAT. This command seems to be absent from recent versions os I borrowed it from Word 2010. You can download an Add-In with this from my downloads page.
http://addbalance.com/word/download.htm ... ntFile2013