Print pre-printed document...

vaxo
4StarLounger

Print pre-printed document...

Post by vaxo »

Hello friends. I need to print on the signed original document(paper) and insert some name below the last name but, I am afraid that I don't know the exact position of the last table. (where there is filled form of some customers) how can I know where is last table located in the page so that I don't overwrite a new filled form into(over) the old one?

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Print pre-printed document...

Post by StuartR »

The only way I can think of is to measure the exact location with a ruler, and then to position a text box using those measurements
StuartR

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

In addition to Stuarts comment, make a few photostat copies of the original and then use these as test pages to fine-tune the position of the new text you need to add to the original. Once you have the exact spot based on how it prints on the copies, you can confidently print on the original.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

Charles Kenyon
4StarLounger

Post by Charles Kenyon »

I go over this in my page on making forms, however, what you are trying to do is HARD for any word processing program. Adding things to already printed documents is very tough, it has been since I first started using word processors including MultiMate, Word Perfect, and Word in the mid-80s.
http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/forms.htm

The easiest is likely to be Rudi's suggestion of test printing on copies until you hit it.

vaxo
4StarLounger

Post by vaxo »

Thanks, but is there a way to delete previous tables in word on the page, but the last table was not moving jumping up...

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

vaxo wrote:Thanks, but is there a way to delete previous tables in word on the page, but the last table was not moving jumping up...
If you want to have a table at a fixed place on the page then go to the Table Properties. Click Positioning, set the position relative to the page.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StuartR