One field, two fonts

NAlmasy
NewLounger

One field, two fonts

Post by NAlmasy »

In a document I got from a colleague, there's a style with both a default font and an 'intl' font--what is the 'intl' and how can I modify the style to get rid of it?
2fonts.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: One field, two fonts

Post by HansV »

Welcome to Eileen's Lounge!

This means that the user has turned on support for complex script and/or East Asian languages. To turn it off (if that is feasible):

Windows XP:
- Open the Regional and Language Options control panel.
- Activate the Languages tab.
- Clear the check boxes "Install files for complex script and right-to-left languages (including Thai)" and "Install files for East Asian languages".
- OK your way out.

Windows Vista and 7:
- Open the Regional and Language Options control panel.
- Activate the Keyboards and Languages tab.
- Click Change Keyboards...
- Click each of the Arabic/Asian languages you see, then click Remove.
Best wishes,
Hans

NAlmasy
NewLounger

Post by NAlmasy »

Thanks, Hans, I found my support for complex script already turned off, but I guess the document's original author had it enabled . . .

NAlmasy
NewLounger

Post by NAlmasy »

The style is applied to several fields throughout a form--and, as you saw, "automatically update" was checked. :scratch: When I tabbed through the form, the fields still showed the 'intl' style--so I tried to make a new style without the second font. Then I 'show(ed) all 127 instances' of the style I want to get rid of, and clicked on my new style. 29 instances left! They turn out to be things like row endings in tables--which I can't seem to re-format, and further, I can't delete the style I want to delete. Can anyone avise me on how to not have to start from scratch?

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Does the Intl bit really bother you? It might be easiest to live with it.
If you can't/won't live with it, I'd copy the entire document and paste it as plain text into a blank new document, then apply styles consistently. That's probably less work than trying to correct the mess.
Best wishes,
Hans