Open document in 'Final' view mode (Word 2003)

Robie
5StarLounger

Open document in 'Final' view mode (Word 2003)

Post by Robie »

Hi

I have just received a document created using Normal.dot which when opened, opens in a 'Showing Final Markup' mode with all the tracked changes visible. The user would like to retain the tracked changes but open the document in Final mode. Is this possible?

I saved the document in 'Final' mode, hoping that it would open in 'Final' view mode when I open it again but it always shows as 'Showing Final Markup' mode :sad: . There are no macros in Normal.dot to change view to 'Showing Final Markup' mode when a document is opened.

Thanks.

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Open document in 'Final' view mode (Word 2003)

Post by StuartR »

This is a "security" feature, to ensure that you know there are tracked changes in the document, I don't think it can be disabled.

You could add a macro to the document that changes the view on document_open. You could even store a document variable showing the state you want it to open in and provide a toolbar button to toggle it on/off.
StuartR

Robie
5StarLounger

Re: Open document in 'Final' view mode (Word 2003)

Post by Robie »

StuartR wrote:This is a "security" feature, to ensure that you know there are tracked changes in the document, I don't think it can be disabled.

You could add a macro to the document that changes the view on document_open. You could even store a document variable showing the state you want it to open in and provide a toolbar button to toggle it on/off.
Thanks Stuart. That clears it up.