Templates Folder for office 2007

CharliesDaughter
Lounger

Templates Folder for office 2007

Post by CharliesDaughter »

Can anyone tell me how to navigate to the folder containing the templates for Office 2007? I just upgraded to this version and have five folders filled with templates that I want to add.

Thanks. :thankyou:

HansV
Administrator

Re: Templates Folder for office 2007

Post by HansV »

Hi CharliesDaughter,

Welcome to Eileen's Lounge!

As with previous versions, there are two folders where you can store templates: the User templates folder and the Workgroup templates folder.
You can view and change the location of these folders as follows:

- Click the big Office button.
- Click Word Options.
- Click Advanced in the left hand pane.
- Scroll down to the General section.
- Click File Locations...
- Select 'User templates' or 'Workgroup templates', then click Modify... to view/change the path.
x16.png
The default path for user templates is C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates. The Workgroup templates path is not specified by default.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

Here is a screen shot of mine on a Windows 7 machine running Office 2007.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

dasadler
5StarLounger

Post by dasadler »

So what, exactly, is the difference between personal and workgroup templates? I create my own templates and have feared saving them as personal templates thinking that since that is an office folder, it could be overwritten by an office update or such. Instead I have always saved them as workgroup templates where I can select the folder where I store them.
Don

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

dasadler wrote:So what, exactly, is the difference between personal and workgroup templates?...
In an office environment you would put all shared templates into the workgroup templates folder, and allow users to store their own templates in the personal templates folder.

If you are the only user of the computer and neither of these folders is in a network location then I don't think it matters which you use.
StuartR

Samantha
3StarLounger

Post by Samantha »

StuartR wrote:If you are the only user of the computer and neither of these folders is in a network location then I don't think it matters which you use.
Except if you have two templates with the same name saved in both locations, Word will default to using the personal version over the workgroup version.
Samantha