Which license?

ErikJan
BronzeLounger

Which license?

Post by ErikJan »

With apologies for the Dutch language but can someone explain how this screen is possible?

What you see is the "Account" screen from an MOS365 application. The lower two red boxes, which I used to mark the interesting points, show that this is about MSO 365 (the lower box even indicating that the last updates are installed).
The Office Apps on this system are indeed MSO365 and they are fully licensed.
Still, the upper red box shows that the product is "Microsoft Office 2016"...????

Note that the person who sent me this screen does have a license for MSO365 and -on another PC in the past- did have a licensed Office 2016.
Office confusion nn.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Which license?

Post by HansV »

The text "Microsoft 365- en Office-updates" should be read as "Updates voor Microsoft 365 en voor Office" - it includes both Microsoft 365 and Office 2021, 2019, and 2016.

Your version is "Kiik-en-klaar" (Click-to-Run); all Click-to-run versions share the same code base and the same version numbers.

Sometimes, the license algorithm gets confused about the version. I have Microsoft 365, but occasionally it is reported as Office 2021 (my previous version).
Best wishes,
Hans

ErikJan
BronzeLounger

Post by ErikJan »

Thanks Hans. So the topmost red box is a 'bug' and it should have read "Microsoft 365" (as it always does on my own PC here), right?

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Yep!
Best wishes,
Hans

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

HansV wrote:
04 Feb 2024, 18:55
...all Click-to-run versions share the same code base and the same version numbers...
Thanks for that detail. I often wondered why the version number of the copy of Office 2016 Pro Plus click-to-run on my home PC (bought via the MS Home Use Programme) matched that on the MS 365 subscription version on my work laptop yet at the same time,and as expected, my home version didn't have all of the features of the version on my work laptop.

Ken