Locked Out of Office 365

richlocus
2StarLounger

Locked Out of Office 365

Post by richlocus »

Hello:
Sadly, my cell phone that was my authenticator for Office 365 failed and could not be fixed. I purchased a new cell phone, downloaded the authenticator application to my cell phone, and that's when the problem started. I used my only Microsoft email address to configure the authenticator application, but it never worked: (MyUserName@outlook.com). I did not change anything in my Windows PC since I don't believe it is involved in the process. After a few tries, I was locked out of the Admin portion of Office 365. No matter what I did, the Authenticator did not get the code, so I could not get into Admin.

I tried calling Microsoft Office 365 but it was impossible to reach anyone. This is serious because without Admin, I can't configure my connections to my Office 365 workstations.

Did I use the wrong email address in the Authenticator?

Ideas?

Thanks,
Rich Locus

HansV
Administrator

Re: Locked Out of Office 365

Post by HansV »

Best wishes,
Hans

richlocus
2StarLounger

Post by richlocus »

Hans:
Thanks! I completed the form and am awaiting a reply.
Rich Locus

richlocus
2StarLounger

Post by richlocus »

All is well, thanks! I am using a different form of authentication so I don't have to deal with the authenticator. The support team at Office 365 suggested I use an alternative method... a direct text to my cell phone that doesn't go through the authenticator application.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

:thumbup:
Best wishes,
Hans