Deft 7 Forensic Linux

Bigger312
StarLounger

Deft 7 Forensic Linux

Post by Bigger312 »

Hi

Can anyone point me in the right direction, I am looking for a forum for Deft 7 Linux Digital Forensic. I am looking a forum with same high quality of Eileen's Lounge.

There's a lot of rubbish out there.

Thanks

Gerry

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: Deft 7 Forensic Linux

Post by stuck »

I know nothing about Deft 7 but Google pointed me to their own forum:
http://www.deftlinux.net/forum/
OK so it's empty but since Google also pointed me to stuff showing that Deft 7 is brand new that's to be expected.

Perhaps you could contact the Deft 7 developers and see if you can work with them as a moderator of their forum? Who knows, they might be gratefull of your offer, especially if they are serious about 'protecting' Deft 7 from, as you so eloquently put it, the rubbish out there.

Since their own forum is a clean slate there is a chance of being able to set a tone over there from the oputset that matches that here. Even if you do have the support of the developers though, it will be an uphill struggle. There are too many people out there that don't understand simple manners and can ask or answer a question in a calm level tone.

Ken

Bigger312
StarLounger

Post by Bigger312 »

Thanks for the suggestion Ken. My last project was excel VBA based. After a lot of surfing I ended up in the comfortable environs of the Lounge, where no question was a stupid question. The clarity of replies coupled with accompanying explanations made for a great learning experience.

Eileen’s Lounge sets the bar very high.

Gerry

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Bigger312 wrote:Eileen’s Lounge sets the bar very high.
Yes, I've only found one other forum out there that seems to share the same level-headed tone found here but that is for digital photography.

Back on topic though, the only other place I can think of that might be of help to you is here:
http://www.msfn.org/board/forum/136-oth ... g-systems/
but my experince over there is very limited and restricted to their Win98 board (Yes, I did say Windows 98!)

Ken

Bigger312
StarLounger

Post by Bigger312 »

I have joined the deft forum and found manuals, white papers and books on the application/subject.
Plenty of research material to get me started.

Thanks Again.

Gerry