Multiple Boots on One Computer

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Multiple Boots on One Computer

Post by ChrisGreaves »

You know who you are ... thanks to everyone who has taught me about taking digital camera shots of a monitor screen, all about partitions (well, as much as I could absorb), ISO files and all the rest.

Thanks.

I light this little candle to shed illumination on Ubunto 11:10 and Peppermint (-Two, I think).

There's no need to recycle that old computer.

Today you can install a stripped-down, sleek, fast free operating system on the old 512 MB RAM, 1 GHz processor, 6 GB hard drive and use the old beast as an internet browser and email machine.

And as small office system.

Say goodbye to those $250 CDs with Microsoft Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010. If you are NOT in the business of building applications for clients running Windows, you don't need Windows.

Here is my experience.

There is something very magical about swiveling away from the regular Notebook at this desk, to the desk at the far side of the room, booting up Peppermint on the old IBM Server, installing FireFox under peppermint, and seeing the web pages I created just 30 minutes ago.

I'm off to bake a tray of chewy oatmeal cookies as a reward ... you are all welcome to join me.
An expensive day out: Wallet and Grimace