- 1. Updating from App store on my ipad. Showed 4 and only 4 apps needing updating. Selected 3 of them (don’t want the 4th), the un-selected 4th updated anyway and updated before the selected ones! ! ! When updating finished, the screen showed that no more updates were available.
2. Immediately went to updating from itunes on my PC with the ipad plugged in. Shows 16 ipad apps need updating. Someone at apple obviously cannot count. itunes asked for my password, I gave 4 tries at getting my password accepted – all with no luck. Had to use the “keep going for 15 mins” option.
3. Went to the itunes app updating page. Got the 16 apps updating, absolutely nothing anywhere to say that the updates are actually happening. No progress bar, no spinning wheel – NOTHING.
4. When all updates have finished (message on screen says all up to date), I can’t get out of the update screen – itunes frozen!
5. After a 5 minute wait itunes unfrozen. Absolutely no way to get back to my ipad – that option is now gone! Pressing the back arrow to go back to previous screens takes me back OK, but nowhere to access my ipad.
6. Only way to get back to ipad is to unplug and plug back in. I kid you not!
7. itunes shows 14 apps in the ipad app list with a further 11 as ‘File sharing’ apps. Yet in the ipad “Home screen” view, itunes says there are 82 apps. Go figure, once again apple folk can’t seem to be able to count.
8. itunes ”Home screens” view shows an app in the newsstand that does not appear anywhere in the app list.
9. itunes cannot run RealPlayer, thus I cannot play a whole heap of .smil files. I have to get out my laptop. Get Real apple.
10. I only use itunes for updating apps and backing up my ipad. I never, ever play music (although would LOVE to play .smil files). Yet with only those simple tasks required of it, itunes is the buggiest program on my PC, by a LOOOONG way and the most un-intuitive program on my PC, also by a huge margin.
This is just the list of today's stuff ups. There have been a lot other days.