load needed dlls for kernel problem

curious
3StarLounger

Re: load needed dlls for kernel problem

Post by curious »

Thanks to all for your posts.

It is - obviously - too techie for me. I will either hire someone or get an new PC.

Curious

Doc Watson
4StarLounger

Post by Doc Watson »

If you do hire someone, make it clear (if it's important to you) that the person or shop you choose knows that you want your data from the old drive transferred or saved if possible. And regardless of whether they can save or transfer the data, you want the old drive returned to you.

That way you have the option of attempting to retrieve the data if they can't or won't and you can wipe or destroy the old drive yourself to be certain any personal information is not available to others.
If life gives you melons,
You may be dyslexic.

curious
3StarLounger

Post by curious »

Thank you very much for that advice/suggestion!

Curious

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

curious wrote:I will either hire someone or get an new PC.
Good luck. As mentioned earlier, the best solution is probably to transfer the drive to another computer and try to recover as much as possible. This can be done with some of the software mentioned earlier, or other tools, and if you need help with that, then perhaps you can find someone. A good advice from Doc, to stress that, if the files are important, a recovery must be tried, and that you should have the drive returned to you.

This doesn't mean you have to "say RIP to the PC", since one option is to replace just the drive. But then you need OS install files. After a recovery, you could also try to use the restore partition and see how the PC works with that, if it was a glitch that corrupted the boot sector.
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.