Cookies

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Cookies

Post by Dave Davison »

I recently tried to send an email to a broadcaster via Webform but it failed to transmit followed by a message indicating Cookies needed to be enabled. Googling for info I saw a free download which performs just that function but I thought I would run it past you guys before proceeding. Could it be that putting a tick in the cookies box in CCleaner disables them as -after running the same - I have to log in when wanting to access this lounge rather than be logged on automatically when I click the lounge URL. Also, is it prudent to untick the said box in CCleaner and does this leave cookies enabled? Thank you and merry Christmas all. Dave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Cookies

Post by HansV »

The explanation in the first screenshot looks like nonsense to me.

If you tick the 'Cookies' check box in CCleaner, it will remove all cookies when you click 'Run Cleaner', except for those you explicitly tell it not to delete. It does *not* disable cookies - that is determined by a setting in your browser, not in CCleaner.

To specify which cookies you want to keep, click Options in the navigation pane on the left hand side of CCleaner, then click Cookies.
S0471.png
The list on the left hand side displays cookies that CCleaner will remove, and the list on the right hand side shows the cookies that it will keep. You can select a cookie, then use the -> and <- buttons to move it from one list to the other. As you can see in the screenshot, the eileenslounge.com cookie is in the Cookies to Keep list on my PC.

To enable or disable cookies in Firefox, click the Firefox button, then select Options | Options...
Activate the Privacy tab.
S0472.png
The check box "Accept cookies from sites" determines whether cookies are enabled. You can override the general behavior for specific sites by clicking Exceptions...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Re: Cookies

Post by Dave Davison »

Thanks Hans for the info, appreciate it very much. Regards Dave.
edited
Just followed your instructions and my "Privacy" page does not show an "Accept cookies box." Cheers Dave.