Java Plug-ins

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Java Plug-ins

Post by Gloria E »

In WinPatrol > ActiveX, I've found along with other programs, Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 and 3 copies of: Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23.

My question is: should I disable all Java Plug-ins or just the one that has 3 copies? All 3 have the same CLSID number, the same size and the same date.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Re: Java Plug-ins

Post by HansV »

See if you can uninstall Java 1.6.0_23 thru the Programs and Features control panel.
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

No Hans, the only program listed for Java is: Java 6 Update 24. I can disable it using WinPatrol though.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I don't have or know WinPatrol, so I'll leave it to others to advise you.
Best wishes,
Hans

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Gloria E wrote:No Hans, the only program listed for Java is: Java 6 Update 24. I can disable it using WinPatrol though.
Get rid of the older versions.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

That's exactly what I did. No problems with sites that use Java have occurred.