PC password hint.

Roderunner
5StarLounger

PC password hint.

Post by Roderunner »

Hi Folks,
when I installed Win7 32bit Home premium on both my computers, I gave them a password. The password is exactly identical on both with one exception, the first letter is in capitals on one pc but not on the other. I left a hint for it if the password was Glasgow the hint would be City. If it was glasgow the hint would be city.
I have also done this:-
-
During a clean install, you only get the option to create ONE user account, which is an admin account.
You have to have a password as UAC is enabled by default and you'll need a password to do the rest
of the modifications to user accounts/log-ins.
Once done, you can create both standard and admin accounts.
The built-in Admin account is in Computer Management > Local users and Groups > Users. I can't do this on my pc's
Right click, choose properties and from there you can re-name, enable/disable, set/remove/change password and so on.
-
To configure Automatic log on.

click 'Start' and type netplwiz in the Search Box, then press Enter.

click Continue when the User Account Control window appears.

From the window that appears, verify that the account you want to log on with is selected.

Clear the 'Users must enter a username and password to use this computer' option and click OK.

Enter the password for the user account twice when prompted, ok your way out.

When you restart your computer it will automatically log on with that user account.

-
How do I find my hint????
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Re: PC password hint.

Post by BobH »

Imbibe exactly 9 drams of your favorite single malt, relax and think of Scotland. The hint will come to you or you won't care much.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

BobH wrote:Imbibe exactly 9 drams of your favorite single malt, relax and think of Scotland. The hint will come to you or you won't care much.
Very amusing, unfortunately, I'm teetotal & a non smoker.
Fortunately I have been eating cheese which causes me to dream :grin: Goodnight.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Usually when you log into your PC with a wrong password, the login screen will active the prompt for a password hint.

See if this article helps answer your question. It shows how to create, change and how to find a Password Hint.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

Rudi wrote:Usually when you log into your PC with a wrong password, the login screen will active the prompt for a password hint.

See if this article helps answer your question. It shows how to create, change and how to find a Password Hint.
Very very helpful Rudi. The reason I asked is I am trying to get Chrome to sync, it was when I was checking my saved passwords and clicked <details<show password that I was asked for my pc password.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.