Task Manager Problem

Teunis
3StarLounger

Task Manager Problem

Post by Teunis »

When I click Ctrl+Alt+Del to start the taskmanager, since 2 weeks I don't get the "full" screen any more, but only the "processes" screen as shown below. I can only exit the program via the icon on the task bar. What to do to get the full screen back?

Regards, Teunis
Snap1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Leif
Administrator

Re: Task Manager Problem

Post by Leif »

I don't have Windows 7, but the usual trick to toggle the full screen is to double-click the border...
Leif

Teunis
3StarLounger

Post by Teunis »

That worked perfectly, thanks.

Regards, Teunis

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

Another tip that could be mentioned in this context, even though Leif has already solved your problem; when using dialogue boxes with several tabs it's possible to switch between the tabs with Ctrl-Page Up/Ctrl-Page Down. This works in the Task Manager as well and also when TM is in Tiny Footprint mode, which doesn't show the tabs (I guess the name comes from the fact that you can resize it to, well, tiny when running sans menu etc.)
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

Argus wrote:...switch between the tabs with Ctrl-Page Up/Ctrl-Page Down.
Thanks - I didn't know that trick!
Leif

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

Leif wrote:
Argus wrote:...switch between the tabs with Ctrl-Page Up/Ctrl-Page Down.
Thanks - I didn't know that trick!
Me either THANKS!!
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

And it's also interesting that the same keyboard shortcut is used by Firefox to change tabs, but NOT by IE or any other Windows app that I've been able to find in a short search. Good one.

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

Bigaldoc wrote:And it's also interesting that the same keyboard shortcut is used by Firefox to change tabs, but NOT by IE or any other Windows app that I've been able to find in a short search. Good one.
Mmm, yes, it's up there together with Alt-Tab and Ctrl-Tab as the most useful shortcuts, at least for me. Old-timers in Excel will know that it (Ctrl-Page Up/Ctrl-Page Down) is used to change between the sheets in a workbook (tabs sort of).

As for Fx; it's also possible to change tabs with Ctrl-Tab, and that one, Ctrl-Tab, also works in IE!

And Ctrl-Tab also works in the dialogue boxes (as some may know, you rotate the other way with Ctrl-Shift-Tab); it is perhaps easier to remember (Tab), and in fact, since I use the mouse with my right hand, I mostly use Ctrl-Tab in the dialogue boxes. So I don’t know why I mentioned Ctrl-Page Up/Ctrl-Page Down. :laugh: (When I let the mouse rest it's usually Ctrl-Page Up.)

We usually use Ctrl-Tab to move between open images in graphic software, and in, for example, Excel it's used to change between open workbooks etc. But you don't move between documents in Word with Ctrl-Tab...
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.