"New" causes of PC slowdown

viking33
PlatinumLounger

"New" causes of PC slowdown

Post by viking33 »

Although this article is about a year old, it discusses two causes of PC slowdown.
File System Misalignment and Entropy
Redundant Programs and Resource Deadlock

It's listed at this link along with 7 other root causes of slowdowns.
Interesting ideas.

http://iolo.com/company/pressrelease.as ... f0c5cae7cb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Being a long time user of Iolo's System Mechanic utility, I can vouch for their veracity and use many of the above mentioned utility's features as well as it's AV and Malware prevention.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

JoeP
SilverLounger

Re: "New" causes of PC slowdown

Post by JoeP »

How can one avoid "Program Misalignment" when so many applications that are installed share these "potentially hundreds of dependent files". If it is not shared files then what in the world are they talking about? While it sounds significant what is "overall processing fatigue"?

What is an example of two redundant programs that a "greater threat to performance and stability"? BTW, if a program is not being used how can it be using memory and CPU resources?

Just, more unsubstantiated claptrap from someone who wants us to spend money with them. They make claims and statements which seem reasonable but do not support the claim with even one example.

Joe
Joe

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Re: "New" causes of PC slowdown

Post by viking33 »

Why don't you ask them?
Don't knock it till you get your answers from the authors.
They laughed when it was announced that the world was round.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.