deleting or combining duplicate folder/files

jaystarter
3StarLounger

deleting or combining duplicate folder/files

Post by jaystarter »

I'm trying to do some tidying up and have an external USB disc which I have made several back ups of docs from my old Dell PC over time (see screenshot). I know many of the folders and files etc are duplicated and I would like to make a 1 folder with the back up without the duplicates. I seem to remember there is a software tool for finding and deleting duplicate files like this, can someone point me in the right direction please?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jeff

HansV
Administrator

Re: deleting or combining duplicate folder/files

Post by HansV »

I haven't used any of these myself, but here are some free ones:

Duplicate Files Finder
Fast Duplicate File Finder (the free version has some limitations - see the Features tab)
Best wishes,
Hans

jaystarter
3StarLounger

Post by jaystarter »

checking them now thanks
Jeff

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

jaystarter wrote:I'm trying to do some tidying up and have an external USB disc which I have made several back ups of docs from my old Dell PC over time (see screenshot). I know many of the folders and files etc are duplicated and I would like to make a 1 folder with the back up without the duplicates. I seem to remember there is a software tool for finding and deleting duplicate files like this, can someone point me in the right direction please?
I've used WinMerge for some time, but you'll have to take a look to see if it'll do what you need.