Runtime Error

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Runtime Error

Post by Gloria E »

Please excuse me if this is not the right place to post this error, feel free to move it to the correct topic.

I had just finished running Webroot Internet Security Essentials System Clean. The program states it will remove unnecessary files, freeing up space on your hard drive to improve overall PC performance, It also prtects your privacy and security by erasing your internet tracks.

I run this cleanup tool once a month. This time after the scan was complete their was a message behind it when I clicked close. The message read: "Microsoft Visual C++Runtime Library: Runtime Error! Program:C:\Program Files (x...) it ends there. The message continues: This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support tem for more information."

I to assume that the message pertained to Webroot, because that was the only program running at the time.
I need help to correct the Runtime Error, I guess it doesn't matter what program generated the error message, it just needs fixing.

Will some kind soul help me fix it, if it needs fixing that is.

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Re: Runtime Error

Post by HansV »

It may have been a one-time program crash. I'd keep an eye out for the next day or two to see if it happens again. If so, try to see if there is a common factor. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry too much about it
Best wishes,
Hans

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

Hi Gloria, every OS comes with only part of DirectX installed, thats why I always install the full version from Microsoft.
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

After reading http://www.webroot.com/En_US/Help/GA/We ... leaner.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I would put this program in the trash bin along with any of the "Tools" that will speed up your machine. It looks to me that it MAY over clean and delete needed files including some of the needed registry entries.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:It may have been a one-time program crash. I'd keep an eye out for the next day or two to see if it happens again. If so, try to see if there is a common factor. Otherwise, I wouldn't worry too much about it
Thanks Hans, the message caused no problem the scan had finished. I will take your advice and when I run the program again, I will be on the lookout for another notice.

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

Roderunner wrote:Hi Gloria, every OS comes with only part of DirectX installed, thats why I always install the full version from Microsoft.
roderunner, that was surely a long installation, but I have the full version now (version 9.29.1974).

I don't know much about DirectX therefore I need to ask you some questions.

What has DirectX to do with my post and how do I get the full version's update (the next time there is one issued)?

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Your post concerns the C++ runtime library which is a set of routines needed by programs written using the C++ programming language.

DirectX has nothing to do with your post. Windows 7 comes with DirectX version11 integrated as part of the OS. You do not need to install version 9 of DirectX unles you have a specific program that requires that version. You would have a different set of errors if DirectX 9 was required.

Joe
Joe

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

Joe, if version 9 was what I installed and it's not required, should I remove it? I should have asked before I blindly installed the one I did yesterday. I seem to be locking the gate after the horse has run away.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

No, now that you have it, there is no reason or need to remove it. DirectX is used by some programs to display graphics. Several of the screen savers that come with windows use DirectX, for example.
Although you may not really have needed the full version, it won't hurt either.
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:No, now that you have it, there is no reason or need to remove it. DirectX is used by some programs to display graphics. Several of the screen savers that come with windows use DirectX, for example.
Although you may not really have needed the full version, it won't hurt either.
I don't use screen savers, but I will take your advice and leave DirectX version 9 where it is.

Thaniks for the information about DirectX. :thankyou:

Gloria E

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

Gloria E wrote:
Roderunner wrote:Hi Gloria, every OS comes with only part of DirectX installed, thats why I always install the full version from Microsoft.
roderunner, that was surely a long installation, but I have the full version now (version 9.29.1974).

I don't know much about DirectX therefore I need to ask you some questions.

What has DirectX to do with my post and how do I get the full version's update (the next time there is one issued)?
Hi Gloria, the information you need can be found at:- http://www.tweakguides.com/TGTC.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
White Paper.JPG
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.