Visual Studio 2005

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Visual Studio 2005

Post by Gloria E »

Forgive me if this is not the correct place to ask about the subject above, feel free to move it if necessary.

In a recent Windows Update, there was an update for Visual Studio 2005. That's not a program I choose nor use and I would like to remove it if possible. I searched my computer and the program was not found, it has to be somewhere if WU found an update for it. :scratch:

Google found a site that explained what it is. According to the site it's a complete set of development tools for buiding ASP.NET Web Applications among other things. That program is completley useless, I don't need that kind of tool.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Re: Visual Studio 2005

Post by HansV »

I'd leave it alone. It's probably an update for the runtime component of a program that was written using Visual Studio 2005. This could be any kind of program - a game, a utility, whatever. The runtime component was installed with the program, and that's why Windows Update includes updates for it. The program it came with might not run correctly any more if you uninstall the Visual Studio components.
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:I'd leave it alone. It's probably an update for the runtime component of a program that was written using Visual Studio 2005. This could be any kind of program - a game, a utility, whatever. The runtime component was installed with the program, and that's why Windows Update includes updates for it. The program it came with might not run correctly any more if you uninstall the Visual Studio components.
I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but don't you think it would help users if they knew which Windows program works with what program? There are far to many secrets that Windows doesn't share with users. :sad:
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

It is not necessarily a Microsoft program. Any third party can write a program that requires a run time component.

Joe
Joe

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

OK Joe, I won't blame it all on Microsoft. But, I still think the way I mentioned previously.

Let's consider this tread closed.