Error message “Deleted file code 5 access denied”

ABabeNChrist
SilverLounger

Error message “Deleted file code 5 access denied”

Post by ABabeNChrist »

Wasn’t sure exactly where to post this
A friend of mine downloaded PDF Creator (PDFCreator-0_9_9_setup) from a CD that he had and has used before on another computer without out any problems. PDF Creator appeared to download with no problems (to Program Files) when he tried to open using the desktop shortcut icon nothing happen. He then set PDF Creator as his default printer and then tried to print a doc, again no such luck. Next he went to Add or Remove Programs and tried to uninstall PDF Creator, restart computer and start over. When trying to re-download PDF Creator a message appears saying that he already has a version of PDF Creator installed then an error message appears “Deleted file code 5 access denied”. He tried the retry button and got nothing. Not sure what is going on. He search around and was unable to find a trace of it. Any thoughts what we might try? His computer uses Windows 7. I’m wondering if this is a registry issue

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Re: Error message “Deleted file code 5 access denied”

Post by Roderunner »

Has your friend tried system restore ?
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

ABabeNChrist
SilverLounger

Post by ABabeNChrist »

I don’t believe so

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I agree that a system restore - if feasible - would be a good way to get back to the situation before PDF Creator was installed.

Alternatively, your friend could download install Revo Uninstaller Freeware or the free trial version of Revo Uninstaller Pro from Revo Uninstaller to remove the remnants of the failed installation.
Best wishes,
Hans

ABabeNChrist
SilverLounger

Post by ABabeNChrist »

Thank you Hans and Roderunner
I will pass this on

ABabeNChrist
SilverLounger

Post by ABabeNChrist »

My friend selected to try Revo Uninstaller Freeware and it seemed to work. After downloading and running program (tools/Junk files cleaner) then restarting computer he was able to reinstall PDF Creator with no issues. Everything seems to be functioning as designed. Thank you for the great tip.