What's this please

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

What's this please

Post by Dave Davison »

It will be seen from the attached Task Manager view that there are no open files except FastStone Capture but can someone explain what the VIA HD Audio Deck is that is shown on the task bar & why it will not delete? Right clicking on it does not give the usual pop up frame with a "Delete" option. :scratch: :scratch: Regards Dave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DaveA
GoldLounger

Re: What's this please

Post by DaveA »

Have you opened the program and look for "option" or "preferences" or any other area that MAY have startup settings?
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Is something related to it listed in the Processes tab?
Best wishes,
Hans

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

It could be considered "badware" and there are multiple sites if you Google "VIA HD Audio Deck"
VIA HD Audio Deck.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Bob....as I mentioned in my first post, right clicking on the icon achieves nothing...no options.... I just looked in the Programs folder and locating the item in question so I opened it and the attached screen shot is what is revealed. Just wonder if the technician that built the computer installed it as I have never deemed it necessary to so do seeing I always tend to use the free VLC media player which has always sufficed my requirements. ps...........just discovered that if I click on the "Power" tab to the right it closed the prog. Regards Dave.

tedshemyers
2StarLounger

Post by tedshemyers »

I would use What's In Startup to see if the Via HD Audio Deck is listed and if so, elliminate it from there:
WhatInStartup.jpg
Have a Great Day!
Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 MHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HD, Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

In the event that anyone else encountering this issue I suggest you leave it alone as deleting it removes the sound driver. I discovered this the hard way and after talking to the technician that built my computer had to go on line to download the said driver to restore the sound. Thanks for the replies though, appreciate it heaps. Cheers Dave.