Windows has blocked some startup programs

Sundog
5StarLounger

Windows has blocked some startup programs

Post by Sundog »

I don't care if I never see "Windows has blocked some startup programs..." again, blocking my view of some Desktop icons. How do I get rid of it?
Sundog

DaveA
GoldLounger

Re: Windows has blocked some startup programs

Post by DaveA »

Does it tell you what programs have been Blocked?
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Have you tried to prevent those programs from starting up automatically?
Best wishes,
Hans

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

In addition to which it could be that one or more programs that "needs" the internet is trying to load before your internet connection is ready and able.

I have a clock on my XP desktop because I liked the one in Vista and Win 7 gadgets. This clock is "fed" from an internet site and sometimes, if my internet connection isn't ready, I get a script error message. Not quite what you said, but maybe there's a connection.

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

Even if a very general message, and even if general solution is possible; which OS and edition do you use (in addition to the above questions)?

If, for example, Vista it could be related to the User Account Control (UAC) and Windows Defender's "Software Explorer" blocking some.

You should be able to find a "Blocked startup programs" icon in the tray, notification area.

Some people also use the System Configuration tool (msconfig.exe) as a startup management tool (selective startup :sigh:), instead of as a trouble-shooter, then they also can see some odd messages.

See this: Error message when you start a Windows Vista-based computer: "Windows has blocked some startup programs" (at MSFT)

And this, by Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP: Fix for Windows Has Blocked Some Startup Programs Error in Vista

But I would take a closer look at the software being blocked.
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.