Microsoft Visual C++ do I need them?

jaystarter
3StarLounger

Microsoft Visual C++ do I need them?

Post by jaystarter »

Doing some cleaning of my PC and in the "uninstall programmes list" Microsoft Visual C++ has multiple entries with different install dates (scrennshot)

Do I need all these? It looks as if they don't take up a great deal of disc space but just wondered if they are needed or should I delete.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jeff

JoeP
SilverLounger

Re: Microsoft Visual C++ do I need them?

Post by JoeP »

It is almost impossible to tell which programs require which versions of C++. You COULD uninstall all but the most recent, see which programs fail, and reinstall what is required. HOWEVER, since they take up so little space I recommend you just leave them alone.
Joe

jaystarter
3StarLounger

Post by jaystarter »

I will follow your recommendation and leave well enough alone.
Jeff

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

I posed basically the same question HERE
I think I will jsut try to remove one at a time ( if possible ) and see what comes of it.
A common reply is that since someting takes up so little room, you should leave it alone but that goes against my engineering background because after leaving so many "little" files alone they combine into BIG files. AKA: Junk.
One reason that I like cleanup utilities like CCleaner, etc. and use them regularly.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.