Access to my files, programs and settings from any computer

jmt356
SilverLounger

Access to my files, programs and settings from any computer

Post by jmt356 »

Is a computer set up possible whereby I can access all of my files, installed programs and settings from more than one computer and the changes made on one computer reflect those on another? I know this is possible through Citrix, but I am looking something that is preferably not dependent on the Internet and works even when I am not online.
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Re: Access to my files, programs and settings from any compu

Post by HansV »

How do you think the files etc. could be synchronized if you don't have internet access? :scratch:
Best wishes,
Hans

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

I am not opposed to a setup where the files synchronize while I am online. However, I do not want a set-up such as Citrix where I can only work when connected to the Internet. Thus, a set-up in which files synchronize when I am connected to the Internet but then download to my computer and are available for offline line even when I am not connected to the Internet is one that I am not opposed to. Ideally, such a set-up could work even between devices that are not on the same network. For example, one computer in one country would have access to all of the same files as another on another network in another country.
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

For documents, you can use a cloud service such as OneDrive or DropBox. They let you specify a folder (that may contain a subfolder structure) that will be synchronized when you are online and logged into the cloud service, while you can still access its contents when you are offline.

I don't think this'll work for programs and settings though.
Best wishes,
Hans