Defragmenting By Stale Date

PaulB
SilverLounger

Re: Defragmenting By Stale Date

Post by PaulB »

Thanks. I take it that optimize and defrag are used interchangeably in this context.
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

PaulB wrote:I'm having a senior's moment, Bob. Could you point me to where I can find that defrag setting.
On the HP tablet, I selected drive C: and selected Properties. Under Properties I then selected Tools and selected the Optimize task. When that screen popped up, there was a setting to turn it ON or OFF. I had previously turned it OFF. After Hans' comment, I decided to turn it back on. Then it asked what frequency I wanted.. The default was weekly. I changed that to monthly and "OK'd" the way out.

If my tablet's 32GB eMMC card goes belly-up, I will go after Hans for damages. I have taken a snapshot of his advice to turn defrag back on... Just in case. :evilgrin:

I would have sent a snapshot of the page because it looked slightly different than my desktop set-up. Unfortunately, I am still playing with the HP unit and have yet to learn how to take screen snapshots. Getting used to a touch-screen only operation is one of the fun parts! :grin:
Regards,
Bob

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

PaulB wrote:Thanks. I take it that optimize and defrag are used interchangeably in this context.
Indeed.
BobArch2 wrote:I selected drive C: and selected Properties. Under Properties I then selected Tools and selected the Optimize task/
That results in the same dialog as the one I described. Turning Optimization on should be OK.
Best wishes,
Hans