Windows Tweaker

Claude
cheese lizard

Windows Tweaker

Post by Claude »

Has anyone used this program, and if so, what are your conclusions ?
Cheers, Claude.

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Windows Tweaker

Post by Rudi »

I have not used this version before but I did enjoy this version when I used it some while back.

I can't seem to find many reviews, possibly since the app is new'ish, but here is one piece of feedback (from here)
Pros: Beautiful GUI, user friendly, intuitive. Has lots of useful tweaks to help get things just the way you want them on your computer.
Cons: A couple of minor issues I noticed. The program asks you to restart no matter if the tweak requires it or not. I suggest making sure the tweak is not already active before restarting. It is not portable, which makes me hesitant to add it to my computer toolkit on USB drive and because many of the tweaks I use are "one time" tweaks I am now forced to uninstall the program from my system as its usefulness for me is over.
Other Thoughts: If this program were portable it would be amazing, as it is it is great.
Hope others will have some first-hand experience re. this app.
TX for the link. :cheers:
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Rudi wrote:I have not used this version before but I did enjoy this version when I used it some while back.

I can't seem to find many reviews, possibly since the app is new'ish, but here is one piece of feedback (from here)
Pros: Beautiful GUI, user friendly, intuitive. Has lots of useful tweaks to help get things just the way you want them on your computer.
Cons: A couple of minor issues I noticed. The program asks you to restart no matter if the tweak requires it or not. I suggest making sure the tweak is not already active before restarting. It is not portable, which makes me hesitant to add it to my computer toolkit on USB drive and because many of the tweaks I use are "one time" tweaks I am now forced to uninstall the program from my system as its usefulness for me is over.
Other Thoughts: If this program were portable it would be amazing, as it is it is great.
Hope others will have some first-hand experience re. this app.
TX for the link. :cheers:
Further on in the link, it shows a portable version is available 5.3.1.
I will give this one a try.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Claude
cheese lizard

Post by Claude »

Thanks for the comments, will take a look at it soon.
Cheers, Claude.

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Gave this a try, used it once, uninstalled it.
I think that revue was written by the author. I found it klunky and rather slow, along with the automatic reboot....not for me.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.