Someone's Messing with Me

arroway
3StarLounger

Someone's Messing with Me

Post by arroway »

Hello! Well I think someone's messing with me because I got a "System Message" today (small dialog box with an OK button on it) on my desktop with the message, "Hi Dax are you wondering whose bugging you?"

I'm not sure how they did that. I was just sitting there, I did have a coupld of programs open, but all of a sudden, not connected to any actions I was taking it seemed (wasn't hitting any keys or clicking on anything), here comes this message. I hit the OK button (because there wasn't any other way of getting it to go away short of rebooting) and it went away and I haven't seen anything else since.

My questions are a couple. How did they do that? And is there any way that I can find out who it was? I'm guessing it's someone in my IT department because, frankly, no one else is tech-smart enough to figure it out on their own.

Any ideas?
--Dax
It takes 2 to tango; unless you speak binary; then it takes 10.

Claude
cheese lizard

Re: Someone's Messing with Me

Post by Claude »

Sounds like the result of a 'net send' or 'msg' event to me.
Cheers, Claude.

arroway
3StarLounger

Post by arroway »

Do you know any way of finding out who's sending it?

arroway
3StarLounger

Post by arroway »

And do you know if it can be timed? I mean sent at a certain time. (Because the 3 people I'm seriously suspecting of sending this were all in a meeting at the time it was sent. So if they set it to send at a certain time, that would point at one of them. If it can't be set to send at a certain time, there's only one other person who was sitting at their computer when it happened. ...the sloothing continues!)
--Dax