Update â–º Silverlight 4.0

JoeP
SilverLounger

Update â–º Silverlight 4.0

Post by JoeP »

The latest version of Silverlight is now available. See Home : The Official Microsoft Silverlight Site for details and to download.

Joe
Joe

HansV
Administrator

Re: Update â–º Silverlight 4.0

Post by HansV »

Thanks!
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

JoeP wrote:The latest version of Silverlight is now available. See Home : The Official Microsoft Silverlight Site for details and to download.

Joe
Good find, Joe. I installed it a few moments ago and discovered that the update included Visual Studio 2010 tooling (whatever that is). I also found out that I could not Run the download, a error msg. appeared that said "Unable to find a volume for file extraction. Verify you have proper permission". When I saved the download file it installed perfectly.

I'm learning more and more about this computer stuff. :clapping:

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

If I only use IE for Windows / Microsoft Update do I need Silverlight?

Ken

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

stuck wrote:If I only use IE for Windows / Microsoft Update do I need Silverlight?
No at this time. No telling about the future.

Joe
Joe

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

That's what I thought and if MS do change their update site such that Silverlight becomes necessary then I dare say it will be obvious.

Thanks,

Ken

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Yes. Any site you visit that requires Silverlight will cause the "Information Bar" to be displayed telling you that the website wants to install Silverlight if Silverlight is not installed.

Joe
Joe