Comcast and EasySolve

DaveA
GoldLounger

Comcast and EasySolve

Post by DaveA »

Check out http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-su ... -overview/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I can see a whole bunch of new Problems heading this way, when Comcast Users start installing this new service. :flee: :hairout:
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

HansV
Administrator

Re: Comcast and EasySolve

Post by HansV »

:yikes:
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

DaveA wrote:Check out http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-su ... -overview/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I can see a whole bunch of new Problems heading this way, when Comcast Users start installing this new service. :flee: :hairout:
I've got a good idea why Easy Solve is being instituted. They want this to cut down (way down) on customer service house calls. That puts the guys that drive around in the Comcast trucks fixing problems with receivers and connections out of business. They make good money, think of how much the company can save by eliminating humans from their payrolls. They're the most expensive cable company anywhere, I know because I had to cut their service down (way down) to basic service. I wouldn't use them at all but they won't let Direct TV (the dish network) broadcast the sports teams from my area.

And then, of course, the problems you see coming. Probably calling tech support will be almost impossible. There's a whole can of worms in their proposal.

My opinion,

Duchess E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Gloria said:
I wouldn't use them at all but they won't let Direct TV (the dish network) broadcast the sports teams from my area.
------------------------------------------------
I don't think Comcast has any say at all in dictating what DirecTV or Dish Network ( two separate providers ) can or cannot broadcast. If there are local area sports blackouts, it would come from the particular League or sports network involved, not Comcast. For example, I can get ESPN on my DirecTV service. ESPN can block coverage but in most cases does NOT.
I would double check with DirecTV or Dish Net about their coverage and packages.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

viking33 wrote:Gloria said:
I wouldn't use them at all but they won't let Direct TV (the dish network) broadcast the sports teams from my area.
------------------------------------------------
I don't think Comcast has any say at all in dictating what DirecTV or Dish Network ( two separate providers ) can or cannot broadcast. If there are local area sports blackouts, it would come from the particular League or sports network involved, not Comcast. For example, I can get ESPN on my DirecTV service. ESPN can block coverage but in most cases does NOT.
I would double check with DirecTV or Dish Net about their coverage and packages.
Well, if that's so I'll admit that in this one case, Comcast is innocent. I still accuse them of doing that to rid themselves of expensive customer service employees.

I have had Direc TV service for over a year and when I saw the way you spelled it I had to check their statements. You are correct, there's only one T. That proves I'm not too observant in some cases.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

Based on what these so call fixers do, they Comcast is going to need more service techs to go out and fix things that EasySolve messed up.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living