Google found us

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Re: Google found us

Post by Hey Jude »

Hey Jude wrote:
Gloria E wrote:I did my part, joined WOT > installed the software for IE and FF, so I get to vote twice too. :clapping:
Left a comment on the ratings page for the lounge, praising admins and posters.
Soon we may have enough comments to get out of the gray area.

Gloria E
WOOHOOOOO~!~!~! Glad you did and so did I~!~! :clapping: :cheers: I wanted to pick all the categories in GREEN but since it only allowed one choice, well I hoped I picked a different one, but alas it was the same as yours :sad: I still frequent "gray" sites, however I do add my own rating vote if I find everything in order. EL is the best forum I've ever been privileged to be a part so folks need to know this. From the organization to the quick bantering, puzzles, cooking, music and the best experts in areas of computer knowledge which "I know nothing" (with excuses to Schultz) it has been a delightful experience. Thanks for posting Duchess~! :clapping:
I guess I'll have to put it on IE as well...so vote #3 coming up~!
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I voted as well, but I guess the number of votes will have to become much larger before WOT will display an actual score...
Best wishes,
Hans

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

HansV wrote:I voted as well, but I guess the number of votes will have to become much larger before WOT will display an actual score...
"It only takes a spark to get a fire going....."
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image

Samantha
3StarLounger

Post by Samantha »

HansV wrote:I voted as well, but I guess the number of votes will have to become much larger before WOT will display an actual score...
Considering the relatively small size of this lounge, it might be a long while before we see a score. Still, every vote helps, and WOT is a great resource for me. Like Jude, I still frequent sites without a score, but I also rely heavily on the negative scores that WOT provides as I'm cruising around online.
Samantha

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

HansV wrote:Bots can view the portal and some pages such as the FAQ, but they're not allowed to see any forums.
So how come a few minutes ago I noticed a Google bot and a Yahoo bot viewing forum pages?

Ken
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

stuck wrote: So how come a few minutes ago I noticed a Google bot and a Yahoo bot viewing forum pages?
Ken
Because Hans former statement is no longer operative. We recently changed the lounge configuration so that Google and other robots could read our forum pages.
StuartR

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

OK

Ken

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

I'll add this here since this is a thread where WOT has been discussed. Up until today, I've not paid any attention to this "trust" topic. Today I signed on, made a comment about this Lounge, and (I'm not sure) "voted" if I did it correctly and according to their instructions. But I'm a bit corn-fused about the icon that shows up in the header area of my Firefox.

This is the icon I see in the topmost part of my Fx screen when I visit Facebook and many other sites. I don't know if it means that the site is "safe" but I have not "voted" or what.
2010-04-22_183455.png
On the other hand, this is the icon I see for Eileen's Lounge, for which I think I have voted and commented on. Does the absence of the little "flash" mean that I HAVE voted and the green that it's a safe site?
2010-04-22_183514.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Yes, as far as I can tell you're correct - the star or flash means that you haven't rated that site yet; its absence means that you have rated the site.
Best wishes,
Hans