Sharing Movies of demo applications

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Sharing Movies of demo applications

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Over the years I've received calculable help from The Lounge in producing VBA applications, most recently in intercepting "click" events on Excel Spider/Radar charts for a client.
For the client I have prepared a series of videos which, when zipped, generate an 18MB down-loadable file.
While the code belongs in the truest sense to the client, I see no problem in making the videos available to Lounge members so that they can see the sort of things that can be done if one lets one's imagination run wild.
I'm not sure of the lounge's limits, or whether the lounge wants folks d/ling an 18MB file.
I can post the zip file on my own site for some period, with no guarantees that it will remain there.

I seek some administrative comment on this.

I should add that as the author of the code, I see no problem in making small chunks of generic code available through either the Excel or VBA forums, although I would shy at posting the entire appliaction.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Sharing Movies of demo applications

Post by StuartR »

The maximum size of any single attachment is 256KB

We have a maximum total amount of disk space for all attachments, and 18MB of video would be a bit much for our hosting capability.
StuartR

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

I can post the zip file on my own site for some period, with no guarantees that it will remain there.
Just prepay your hosting service for the next 100 years or so, (you might even get a discount), and we would be assured that the site would still be there. :evilgrin:

I know that would not be any guarantee that you would not delete them :hairout:
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

StuartR wrote:Thanks Stuart
I posted Here

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

DaveA wrote:Just prepay your hosting service ...
The thought has not escaped me that with my hosting service taking money from a credit card and PayPal putting money into the credit card, a web site could become self-supporting for a very long time!