Internet Explorer Script Error

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Internet Explorer Script Error

Post by Gloria E »

For the last 3 days I've been getting an error when I open the digest.

The message reads: An error has occurred in the script on this page.
Line:272 Char:11 Error: Object Expected Code:0
URL: mhtml.mid://000000026" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

I clicked Yes and the message went away.

Is this a user error or a server error?

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

DaveA
GoldLounger

Re: Internet Explorer Script Error

Post by DaveA »

This is the same problem that you are having at the other site with their email notifications.

What have you been tweaking and hacking?
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

If you had seen my post of today on that other not named forum, you would have seen that I said that the problem was NOT on it's forum. Therefore I came to the right forum to post the problem.

I haven't been tweaking or hacking anything. The error only appears when I open the digest for this one. It's happened for the last 3 days (including today).

I would like to know if it's a user problem or a server one and how to fix it.

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Gloria,

Can you tell us what your settings for digests are (in the Digests tab of your User Control Panel)?
I just now received my digest for today, and although I had set Internet Explorer to display all script errors, I could read it and follow the links without getting an error message.
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

User Control Panel settings:

Type of digests wanted: Daily
Digest styling: HTML Classic
Hour sent: 7

I hope this information helps you.

Gloria E

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Thanks, Gloria.

Could you forward a digest that causes the problem to admin@eileenslounge.com? Perhaps we'll be able to find out what's wrong. Thanks in advance.
Best wishes,
Hans

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Gloria,

I have received your forwarded digest, and although I have Internet Explorer set to display every error, I can view it without problems. I don't get an error message in Firefox either, so I don't think the problem is caused by the digest itself. But I have no idea what does, sorry.
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:Gloria,

I have received your forwarded digest, and although I have Internet Explorer set to display every error, I can view it without problems. I don't get an error message in Firefox either, so I don't think the problem is caused by the digest itself. But I have no idea what does, sorry.
Hurray :clapping: I've found what was the cause of the Script Error. Here is how I fixed it.
IE> Tools> Internet Options> Advanced. Under Browsing I disabled Script Debugging.
Next I removed the check mark from Display a notification about every script error. This was done yesterday (2/16/2010), today I received the digest without the error reappearing. :cheers:
Now you know.

Gloria E

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Gloria,

That is a way to hide script errors, it doesn't remove them. In most situations, you as end user can't do anything about script errors, so it's useful to disable script debugging. But I didn't get any errors even with script debugging enabled and with "Display a notification about every script error" turned on.
Best wishes,
Hans