Rainbow Pearl: the middle child of skins

Samantha
3StarLounger

Rainbow Pearl: the middle child of skins

Post by Samantha »

I love the new portal, but the breadcrumb link seems to be missing in several views of the Rainbow Pearl skin:
  • User Control Panel
  • Members
  • Search -- including these links, which I presume are specialized search results:
    1. View Unread Posts
    2. View New Posts
    3. View Active Topics
    4. View Your Posts

I did a quick run-through of the other skins, and the Portal breadcrumb link is there in all of the above instances for the remaining skins.

It's not a huge issue for me, since it only takes one extra click to reach the index, which then leads to the portal; but I thought you'd like to know that your middle child is feeling a bit neglected these days. (Yep, I'm a middle child too, so I know how it feels.)
Samantha

Leif
Administrator

Re: Rainbow Pearl: the middle child of skins

Post by Leif »

There are a few idiosyncrasies to be found in all the skins - for example, my preference subsilver2 doesn't have the page links at the top of an index/thread like some of the others. We've got a note of some of things to do, and maybe start a Wish List when Mike has got his breath back.

Meanwhile, you could maybe get by with abbreviated quick links to your fave's as I have on my FF Bookmarks Toolbar:
x.jpg
Anyway, I've managed to survive with two elder sisters - being a middle child must be a piece of cake :grin:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Leif

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Should be OK now - let me know if I missed something.
Best wishes,
Hans

mwolfman
The Man, The Myth, The Legend

Post by mwolfman »

Samantha wrote:I love the new portal, but the breadcrumb link seems to be missing in several views of the Rainbow Pearl skin:
  • User Control Panel
  • Members
  • Search -- including these links, which I presume are specialized search results:
    1. View Unread Posts
    2. View New Posts
    3. View Active Topics
    4. View Your Posts

I did a quick run-through of the other skins, and the Portal breadcrumb link is there in all of the above instances for the remaining skins.

It's not a huge issue for me, since it only takes one extra click to reach the index, which then leads to the portal; but I thought you'd like to know that your middle child is feeling a bit neglected these days. (Yep, I'm a middle child too, so I know how it feels.)
Yes, I also use Rainbow Pearl and noticed a few issues. I'll be working on them over the next few hours. It's the only skin we use that the code is a bit different then the others.
Mike Wolfman

--To err is human; to really screw up requires root

Samantha
3StarLounger

Post by Samantha »

Please don't misunderstand me -- I have no problem with a work-around, whether using a quick link (good idea, btw) or just clicking the index breadcrumb first. As long as I know where/how to find it, I'm pleased as punch.

Mike has more than earned his rest from tinkering with the Lounge. Heavens, I was dizzy by the time I finished a simple comparison of how the breadcrumb trail appeared across the availalbe skins. I can't even begin to imagine the complexity of making sure all the parts are in place for every page/link.

Eileen's Lounge is a wonderful place and I don't mind its idiosyncrasies at all.
Samantha

Samantha
3StarLounger

Post by Samantha »

HansV wrote:Should be OK now - let me know if I missed something.
Perfect!
Samantha

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

And since you're talking about skins, that's accidently one of the things I checked when I first saw the "Portal" go live. I didn't see the anomalies that you and Leif have talked about, but I did feel that the Portal now provides a much quicker way to check out the skins, with fewer clicks and waiting time than from your Control Panel.

The Portal is a very, very nice addition to "our place!"

mwolfman

Post by mwolfman »

Thank you Samantha - Please don't hesitate to point out bugs. We'd rather spend a few minutes fixing something that's not right, even if its a small bug. :wink:
Mike Wolfman

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Keep in mind that the style dropdown in the portal is only a way to try out styles quickly. If you decide on a style, you still have to set it in the control panel. But it's very handy - trying styles is much easier now.
Best wishes,
Hans

Samantha
3StarLounger

Post by Samantha »

mwolfman wrote:Yes, I also use Rainbow Pearl and noticed a few issues.
:laugh: I guess it pays to use the same skin as the fellow who keeps everything in ship-shape order. :thankyou:
I'll be working on them over the next few hours. It's the only skin we use that the code is a bit different then the others.

My mother always told me that patience is a virtue. I'm better at procrastination, myself -- except for those not-so-rare opportunities when I excel at sticking my foot in my mouth. :blush:
Samantha

mwolfman

Post by mwolfman »

Hans is so quick, he didn't only beat me to the post, but the fix.
Mike Wolfman

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Leif wrote:... for example, my preference subsilver2 doesn't have the page links at the top of an index/thread like some of the others.
Just curious Leif, about what page links you were speaking of. In the upper right corner of a thread I see this:
2010-02-10_162319.png
Is this what you're talking about or have I missed the boat again?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

Sorry - I was writing from memory. Make that the top of Active Posts and the Members list...
Leif