Suggestion

dasadler
5StarLounger

Suggestion

Post by dasadler »

I would like to suggest including a SKYPE ID in the users' profile area. Of course, it would be optional just like AIM, ICQ, and YIM but still available. It seems there is a mode for this and it is discussed at http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=249158" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Don

HansV
Administrator

Re: Suggestion

Post by HansV »

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! We'll look at it, but if we decide to install the modification to the software, we may not do it immediately. We (i.e. 99% Mike Wolfman) have tinkered quite a bit with the software during these last weeks. We have one new feature waiting in the wings, and when that is rolled out, we want to let things settle a bit, to see how stable the setup is, and whether there are bugs that need to be squashed.
Best wishes,
Hans

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

Installing and testing a "mod" to phpBB takes quite a bit of time and effort. The one we are testing at the moment is much more useful than putting a skype button onto the user profile and will be ready soon. After that I think we will need a break before we start considering more upgrades.
StuartR

dasadler
5StarLounger

Post by dasadler »

okay... well, it was just a suggestion. As a work around, we can always put a Skype address in our user profile interests section.

Thanks for your consideration.
Don

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

dasadler wrote:... we can always put a Skype address in our user profile interests section.
Or you can do what I do, and announce to all the Lounge Ladies that, as of 10 minutes ago, I am now on Skype. :Lothario:
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

dasadler
5StarLounger

Post by dasadler »

True enough, Chris. Much more immediate than the profile.
Don

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

ChrisGreaves wrote: Or you can do what I do, and announce to all the Lounge Ladies that, as of 10 minutes ago, I am now on Skype.
Why would the ladies need to know that you are now using Skype?
If you are that great of a "Lothario" then you would not need to advertise? :evilgrin:
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

DaveA wrote:
ChrisGreaves wrote: Or you can do what I do, and announce to all the Lounge Ladies that, as of 10 minutes ago, I am now on Skype.
Why would the ladies need to know that you are now using Skype?
So that they can avoid it like the plague? :flee: :innocent: :rofl: Image
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

John Gray wrote: So that they can avoid it like the plague? :flee: :innocent: :rofl: Image
Great :evilgrin:
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living