No email notifications today

Gloria E
5StarLounger

No email notifications today

Post by Gloria E »

Was there some reason why I didn't receive my email notifications today *2/6/2010?

We here in NJ are snowed in, I don't know where you are, could it be because of the blizzard? :burnup:

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Re: No email notifications today

Post by HansV »

I'll ask upstairs...
Best wishes,
Hans

mwolfman
The Man, The Myth, The Legend

Post by mwolfman »

Gloria E wrote:Was there some reason why I didn't receive my email notifications today *2/6/2010?

We here in NJ are snowed in, I don't know where you are, could it be because of the blizzard? :burnup:

Gloria E
Are you talking about the digests?
Mike Wolfman

--To err is human; to really screw up requires root

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

I certainly am. Did you receive yours (if you get them, that is)?
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

mwolfman

Post by mwolfman »

I actually did not. What time is your digests set to be delivered?
Mike Wolfman

mbarron
2StarLounger

Post by mbarron »

My digest arrived at it's appointed time

LadyWolf
Lounger

Post by LadyWolf »

Gloria E wrote:We here in NJ are snowed in, I don't know where you are, could it be because of the blizzard?
Not all of Jersey... we only got a dusting... my parents on the other hand are still digging out! :snow:
Love...
KT Wolfman

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

mwolfman wrote:I actually did not. What time is your digests set to be delivered?
Shortly after 7 PM every day. Now I feel stupid, I never noticed the time until I went to my deleted mail folder and checked the time they arrive. I should get them this evening.

Sorry about that. :shrug:

Gloria E
Last edited by Gloria E on 06 Feb 2010, 22:12, edited 1 time in total.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I just now received my digest, scheduled for 5 PM EST so right on time.

Gloria, it's not 7 PM yet where you are...
Best wishes,
Hans

mwolfman

Post by mwolfman »

Ok good. I need to keep an eye on the digests. The hourly job that kicks off the digests are run from my server.
Mike Wolfman

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:I just now received my digest, scheduled for 5 PM EST so right on time.

Gloria, it's not 7 PM yet where you are...
I realized that and that's why I said I feel stupid. :sad:

Gloria E

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Hi Gloria, you edited your post at about the time that I submitted mine, so my remark became superfluous. Sorry.
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

Hans my very good friend,

Don't sweat it, no harm done.

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

HansV wrote:I'll ask upstairs...
I'm still not getting the digests. :scratch:

If you found out why I'm not, please let me know. :thankyou:

Gloria E

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Gloria E wrote:I'm still not getting the digests. :scratch:

If you found out why I'm not, please let me know.
That's really strange, Gloria. I don't usually subscribe to the digests or emails of any kind. But today I wanted to see what the results look like given the various HTML choices.

I set my digests for 9 am (EST) and the email arrived within a minute or two.

I changed to a different HTML format and reset the digests for 10 am and THAT email also arrived in a minute or two.

Do you have a spam filter getting in the way of The Lounge by any chance?

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

I can't remember setting the times, where do you do that?

No spam filters are set in OE. I was getting them for awhile, then they stopped coming.
I still get digests from another forum that I am a member of. Please supply me with setting the times to receive the digest so I can start receiving them tomorrow.

Thanks Big Al.

Gloria E

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

In your profile the first screen (Basics) for Digests has this selection:
2010-02-09_175246.png
I am almost sure you already responded to this type of problem by "fixing" your times???

This Post
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

1. Click 'User Control Panel' in the upper part of the Lounge window.
  2. Click 'Digests' (the last 'tab' in the User Control Panel).
  3. Set the desired frequency and style, and the hour of the day at which you want to receive the digests. Finally click 'Submit' (don't forget this).
    x14.png
  4. Click 'Forums Selection'.
  5. Use the check boxes to specify for which forums you want to receive a digest; you can also specify what you want to see. Click 'Submit' when you're done (don't forget this).
  6. If you wish, you can specify more options in 'Post Filters' and 'Additional Criteria' but I'd leave those alone for now.
You should receive a digest at the specified hour of the day from now on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

Bigaldoc wrote:In your profile the first screen (Basics) for Digests has this selection:
2010-02-09_175246.png
I am almost sure you already responded to this type of problem by "fixing" your times???

This Post
You might be thinking of another forum. I went to User Control Panel> Digests> Basics. Type of digest wanted: None was ticked, which I changed to Daily.

Digest styling: HTML was ticked correctly
Hour sent: 18 was ticked, which I changed to 5. Is this the correct one for EDT?

Now came the big problem.*
Forum Selection:
Types of posts in digest: All posts was ticked, and was changed to: First posts of topics only

* Include posts for these forum: ALL was ticked and it needs to be changed to First posts of topics only. I saw no way to make this change.
Can you change it for me or tell me how to make the changes?

Gloria E

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

The hour of the day is according to the 24 hour clock, so if you set it to 5, digests will arrive at 5 AM, and if you set it to 17, digests will arrive at 5 PM.
You MUST click Submit after setting the frequency to Daily and the time to your preference. If you don't do that, you won't be able to change anything in 'Forums selection'. And after specifying 'First posts of topics only', you MUST click 'Submit' there too, otherwise the change won't be effective.
Best wishes,
Hans