Skins

mwolfman
The Man, The Myth, The Legend

Skins

Post by mwolfman »

Hello all, great to see everyone is having a good time. As we all know from previous posts, customization of the new lounge is a lot different then the old lounge. A simple link added to the index page takes 10 different edits.

There is different mods we'd like to make that will benefit everyone. In order to do this and not take 3 months, we are condensing the skins available to use. The following 5 will be available:

Prosilver
Subsilver
Aeroblack
Rainbow
Minimal

Those of you who use one of the other skins will default to prosilver.

Thank you everyone and happy lounging,
Mike Wolfman

--To err is human; to really screw up requires root

IanWilson
3StarLounger

Re: Skins

Post by IanWilson »

mwolfman wrote:Hello all, great to see everyone is having a good time. As we all know from previous posts, customization of the new lounge is a lot different then the old lounge. A simple link added to the index page takes 10 different edits.

There is different mods we'd like to make that will benefit everyone. In order to do this and not take 3 months, we are condensing the skins available to use. The following 5 will be available:

Prosilver
Subsilver
Aeroblack
Rainbow
Minimal

Those of you who use one of the other skins will default to prosilver.

Thank you everyone and happy lounging,
And I really liked the Getaway skin! Is that list based on what the majority of users seem to have chosen, or don't you have access to that information?

Ian

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

IanWilson wrote: And I really liked the Getaway skin! Is that list based on what the majority of users seem to have chosen, or don't you have access to that information?
We can see how many of each style is being used, not who uses what so it was nothing personal :laugh:

Getaway was about 2%, with Prosilver, Subsilver2 and AeroBlack making up about 95%.
It's really a time/priority issue. Each modification has to be copied to each skin and it's just too time consuming. Once things have settled down and we're out of beta ( :grin: ) the plan is to offer a wider selection.
Leif

IanWilson
3StarLounger

Post by IanWilson »

Leif wrote:
IanWilson wrote: And I really liked the Getaway skin! Is that list based on what the majority of users seem to have chosen, or don't you have access to that information?
We can see how many of each style is being used, not who uses what so it was nothing personal :laugh:

Getaway was about 2%, with Prosilver, Subsilver2 and AeroBlack making up about 95%.
It's really a time/priority issue. Each modification has to be copied to each skin and it's just too time consuming. Once things have settled down and we're out of beta ( :grin: ) the plan is to offer a wider selection.
Ah well - I'm outvoted then. :sad:

Thanks.

Ian

mwolfman

Post by mwolfman »

Sorry Ian, there's sooo much code to go thru and having this many skins, I'm dreaming of php.
Mike Wolfman

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

mwolfman wrote:Sorry Ian, there's sooo much code to go thru and having this many skins, I'm dreaming of php.
Mike are you attempting to "standardize" things like this PM problem I stumbled on awhile ago about replying to multiple users? Subsilver, the skin I prefer doesn't have this button/link that Prosilver does for messages that are from/to multiple people.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mwolfman

Post by mwolfman »

Yes, that will be something I will be working on after the superbowl... :wink:
Mike Wolfman

Goshute
3StarLounger

Post by Goshute »

mwolfman wrote:Yes, that will be something I will be working on after the superbowl... :wink:
WTH? Either I slept through the Superbowl, or something just happened to the skins...mine just jumped to Aeroblack. Maybe user error? Mumble, grumble...
Goshute
I float in liquid gardens

mwolfman

Post by mwolfman »

Goshute wrote:
mwolfman wrote:Yes, that will be something I will be working on after the superbowl... :wink:
WTH? Either I slept through the Superbowl, or something just happened to the skins...mine just jumped to Aeroblack. Maybe user error? Mumble, grumble...
I meant I'll be working on Al's issue after the superbowl.

btw Al - I put the reply all in subsilver. It was easier then I thought.
Mike Wolfman

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

mwolfman wrote:I meant I'll be working on Al's issue after the superbowl.
All I can say is Go Saints! In fantasy, I've been riding on Drew's back all season (9-5) and I'd like to see them win one, for the Gipper or not!

mwolfman

Post by mwolfman »

Now that the Jets are out, I also have had Brees on my fantasy league the past 3 years. I'm going Saints too!!..

btw - all 5 skins now have the reply to all.
Mike Wolfman

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

And it's working nicely, thank you very much...

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

IanWilson wrote: Ah well - I'm outvoted then. :sad:
Ian
Hmm, ~100 members & 2% using Getaway, that means I was the other person who really like that skin.

Never mind, I understand the pain that comes from 'coding for the exception'. I've chosen subsilver2 instead.

Ken

diegol
StarLounger

Post by diegol »

stuck wrote:
IanWilson wrote: Ah well - I'm outvoted then. :sad:
Ian
Hmm, ~100 members & 2% using Getaway, that means I was the other person who really like that skin.

Never mind, I understand the pain that comes from 'coding for the exception'. I've chosen subsilver2 instead.

Ken
I think many others (like me) didn't even bother to try skins out, so the results are probably biased in favour of the standard skin. Don't feel so lonely!

:argentina: Diegol

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

It may be just the way I read these boards but I really miss the 'Previous topic | Next topic' navigation links at the bottom of a thread. It is trivial to scroll back to the top to reach them again but are there any plans to add them?

Or am I just picking the wrong skin again? They weren't in 'getaway' (now gone away) nor are they in subsliver2.

Ken

VegasNath
5StarLounger

Post by VegasNath »

I have been on the default prosilver since Eileen's launch which I quite like, but a few things are out of place IMO. I am currently trialing subsilver 2 which I also like and may stick with, though I do prefer the post icons in prosilver. Rainbow is my least favourite, those colours are shocking. Horses for courses I spose......
:wales: Nathan :uk:
There's no place like home.....

Charlotte
Her Majesty

Post by Charlotte »

stuck wrote:It may be just the way I read these boards but I really miss the 'Previous topic | Next topic' navigation links at the bottom of a thread. It is trivial to scroll back to the top to reach them again but are there any plans to add them?

Or am I just picking the wrong skin again? They weren't in 'getaway' (now gone away) nor are they in subsliver2.

Ken
We're giving Mike a well-earned rest, so unless there's a critical issue that comes up with a skin, not much will be done with them for a while. I use the minimal skin (poor eyesight) and only see the previous and next buttons/links at the top too.

Some changes require individual modifications to each skin, so don't expect them quickly. Requests will be put on the To Do list for later times. :thankyou:
Charlotte

Samantha
3StarLounger

Post by Samantha »

VegasNath wrote: Rainbow is my least favourite, those colours are shocking. Horses for courses I spose......

When I first tried out Rainbow Pearl, the colors made me wince, but it won me over with its organization. Something about the lay out just works for me. And after having used it for a few days, I discovered that the other skins looked pale and insipid. Perhaps its my wicked past coming back to haunt me, but I now rather like the glowing green text on the dark blue background.
Samantha

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Samantha wrote:
VegasNath wrote: Rainbow is my least favourite, those colours are shocking. Horses for courses I spose......

When I first tried out Rainbow Pearl, the colors made me wince, but it won me over with its organization. Something about the lay out just works for me. And after having used it for a few days, I discovered that the other skins looked pale and insipid. Perhaps its my wicked past coming back to haunt me, but I now rather like the glowing green text on the dark blue background.
I too use Rainbow, primarly because I don't care for all the "white' space on the others.
Then again, I used "Lizard" on the old Lounge. Same reason.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Charlotte wrote:We're giving Mike a well-earned rest, so unless there's a critical issue that comes up with a skin, not much will be done with them for a while. I use the minimal skin (poor eyesight) and only see the previous and next buttons/links at the top too.

Some changes require individual modifications to each skin, so don't expect them quickly. Requests will be put on the To Do list for later times. :thankyou:
Yes, I understand, this is definitely not critical. It was just that I wasn't aware of anybody mentioning it so I wondered if it was only me that missed that little refinement. Meanwhile, I can wait or if no one else misses it I can cope without it!

Ken