Graphic Attachment Display

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Graphic Attachment Display

Post by Bigaldoc »

Is there some mandatory software reason why a graphic attachment to a post shows up full screen in width, even though is has been "thumbnailed" to a 640 or so width?

An example is in this recent post. The graphic in original OR thumbnailed form is only (about) as wide as the box around it, yet it displays full screen width.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Graphic Attachment Display

Post by HansV »

What do you mean by full screen width? This is a reduced size screenshot of what Prasad's post looks like to me in IE8:
x3.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Prasad
StarLounger

Post by Prasad »

HansV wrote:This is a reduced size screenshot of what Prasad's post looks like to me in IE8:
Same here with FF 3.5.7
Regards
Prasad

Encourage Environmental Awareness| Print only if unavoidable

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Aha, so it looks like another one of those "skin" things then. Here's what I see (greatly reduced) in the subsilver skin:
2010-02-02_085920.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Hi Al,

Yes, apparently it's different from skin to skin.

(Edited because I misinterpreted your screenshot)
Best wishes,
Hans

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Yeah, I know and that's why I mentioned the "boxed in" area. Yet, in prosilver (where I am now) you don't see that wide phenomenon, as in YOUR post. OK, it's certainly not a show stopper and I like the subsilver skin better than any of the others I've tried, so I will keep on truckin' ...
2010-02-02_090945.png

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

It may have to do with the heritage of subsilver2 as default skin for the previous version of phpBB. (I think inline attachments, as opposed to attachments at the bottom of a post, were introduced in the current version, phpBB 3)
Best wishes,
Hans

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

Using skin subsilver2, it just appears to stretch across the whole width because it is 'white' on a 'white' background. I can see a slight but distinct border between the image and background - arrowed below. If I reduce the window size horizontally, the scroll bar doesn't kick in until just before reaching that point.
x.jpg
(If you are using an LCD screen, try looking at it at a slightly different angle, which should add a bit of contrast and help differentiate the two 'whites'.)
Leif