Sending Private Messages

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Sending Private Messages

Post by hlewton »

I very rarely send Private Messages so I am not sure how it is supposed to work. I sent one this morning about 1.5 hours ago and it still shows it is in the Outbox. Should that be the case or should it show "Sent" somewhere?

To avoid creating a separate thread, I am not getting email notifications of replies today. Is there something happening with that? I am trying to stay signed in here so I can see the replies but after the first reply to another thread, I got no more when there were other replies.

Thanks
Regards,
hlewton

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: Sending Private Messages

Post by stuck »

hlewton wrote:
08 Aug 2022, 17:18
I very rarely send Private Messages so I am not sure how it is supposed to work. I sent one this morning about 1.5 hours ago and it still shows it is in the Outbox. Should that be the case or should it show "Sent" somewhere?

To avoid creating a separate thread, I am not getting email notifications of replies today. Is there something happening with that? I am trying to stay signed in here so I can see the replies but after the first reply to another thread, I got no more when there were other replies.

Thanks
PMs will sit in your Outbox until the recipient opens the message. Whether or not the recipient then reads the message is another matter :laugh: but once the message has been opened, it will move to / appear in your Sent folder.

One of the Admins may have more info on notifications but I do know they are very flaky so I'm not surprised by your report.

Ken

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

Private messages stay in your Outbox until the recipient opens/reads them, I believe.

Notifications are unreliable, as has often been mentioned.
Leif

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

Thank you both for your replies.
Regards,
hlewton