Bulk fix to subjects and contents

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Bulk fix to subjects and contents

Post by ChrisGreaves »

My mentor Bob (whose full identity I shall not disclose so as to protect lounge members in Pickering) has finally spoken out and respectfully asked that I refer to my version of Windows 10 as "2004" rather than as "2014".
I used Advanced Search for all posts from "chrisgreaves" that contained "2014" in the body of the post.
Untitled.png
After about half an hour's work I am happy to report that I am down to only 68 "hits", most of which appear to be innocuous.
I was saved much labour by coming late to Win10. What a task it would have been had I converted in, say, January this year!

So, most of you can rest easy.

Question 1: On my initial list of results (four pages) I right-clicked on each post (Open in new tab), clicked the edit button, and used the browser "Edit Find in this page" to locate a correct errant values. Would you have used an alternate method, and why?

Question2: I changed subject lines where I could but I cannot, of course, changes subject lines in responses, which means I have run the risk of sowing even more confusion. Is there a way to coerce all subject lines, to the correct string ("2004") without forcing all my other kind-hearted mentors through the process outlined in Question 1 above?

Thanks
Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

HansV
Administrator

Re: Bulk fix to subjects and contents

Post by HansV »

1. I usually press Ctrl+F to find text on a web page. Works in all browsers, as far as I know.
2. Only moderators/administrators can edit the subject of posts by others than themselves.
Best wishes,
Hans

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: Bulk fix to subjects and contents

Post by ChrisGreaves »

HansV wrote:
28 Aug 2020, 14:44
1. I usually press Ctrl+F to find text on a web page. Works in all browsers, as far as I know.
Thanks Hans. I wasn't sure if Ctrl-F was consistent across browsers, but I figured the menu would be consistent, or at least send folks off in the right direction.
2. Only moderators/administrators can edit the subject of posts by others than themselves.
Good, so now I can hand in my homework assignment !
Thanks again
Chris
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle