New postings and Daily Digests

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

New postings and Daily Digests

Post by BobArch2 »

I have DD set up to send new postings to certain forums (but not all forums) at 7:00 a.m. daily.

I do not log into The Lounge on a daily basis. In the previous version of The Lounge software, when I did log in, any postings not viewed were flagged in red, regardless of date and time posted. In the new version, it appears that the flag for new postings is turned off as soon as the Daily Digests are sent. This “turn-off-posting-flag” also appears to affect forums that are not in my daily digests. Meaning, once the DDs are sent, flags for new postings in all forums are reset.

An example being the Excel forum is not in my selected DD list, there were postings made yesterday and when I logged in today, the Excel forum did not show, in red, that there were new postings.

Not a showstopper, just an observation.
Regards,
Bob

HansV
Administrator

Re: New postings and Daily Digests

Post by HansV »

Have you checked the settings in Additional criteria?

S3332.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Re: New postings and Daily Digests

Post by BobArch2 »

@Hans, it was set to “Y”, And has been since day 1 In the “old” version. I do recall that every time I did log into the lounge my last visit was always shown to be the DD date. But, any new postings, regardless of date posted, to non subscribed forums were always shown in red as unread. Regardless, I have switched the setting to “N”.

Thanks for the comment :thankyou:
Regards,
Bob