Login Problems

JimmyC
3StarLounger

Login Problems

Post by JimmyC »

Hans,
I cannot login using either IE or Firefox (latest edition). I tried to delete cookies per your post, but it gives me an error saying the cookies cannot be deleted (Ajax error). So I installed Chrome (i.e., I had never installed/used this browser before)and it let me sign back in, but both IE and Firefox continue to give me errors at the login screen. I cannot even request a password reset---"the submitted information is invalid". Any other ideas to get at least Firefox working again on a Win7 PC? Thanks.
JimC

HansV
Administrator

Re: Login Problems

Post by HansV »

Hi Jimmy,

We apologize for the inconvenience. Try deleting history from Firefox (Tools > Options > Privacy & Security).
Best wishes,
Hans

JimmyC
3StarLounger

Post by JimmyC »

Hans---thanks! I googled and confirmed that I could delete just the cookies from Eileens forum and not "ALL" cookies. I can now access via Firefox again. Thank you. I trust all is well with you and your family. Stay safe and healthy! JimC

JimmyC
3StarLounger

Post by JimmyC »

Hans---I also googled on how to manually delete website specific cookies for IE Ver11. I am now able to re- connect again using the IE ver11 browser. Thank you for the advice. Hey, and I now have the Chrome browser installed for kicks and giggles. Take care, JimC

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Thanks for the feedback!
Best wishes,
Hans

GeoffW
PlatinumLounger

Post by GeoffW »

I've been able to log in using Opera, which I rarely use, so it wasn't a bother deleting cookies.

I get an error message trying to log in using my usual browser, Chrome for Android. I've spent some time trying to work out how to delete cookies for a site, but Eileenslounge was not in the list of sites. I'd rather not delete all cookies for all sites, there are too many logins stored. I don't think I'm going to bother for now.

Suggestion: for a short period of time, the login page (or perhaps the login error page) have some information about having to delete cookies for some of the popular browsers, possibly with links. Not everybody is going to be bothered looking up WFOH.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

That's a good suggestion, Geoff, but we currently don't seem to be able to edit the login page. Hopefully that'll be solved soon.
Best wishes,
Hans

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

After several attempts at deleting cookies, Something's HappenedTM and I'm back.

One of the ways I tried to delete cookies was to use the 'Delete cookies' link at the bottom of the page but that gave an Ajax error. You might want to add that to the 'Something to look into later' list.

Ken

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Hi Ken,

Yes, that produces an error in FF and IE, but not in Edge. Thanks. And welcome back!
Best wishes,
Hans

GeoffW
PlatinumLounger

Post by GeoffW »

Now that I'm on PC - I do get an error clicking on the "clear cookies" using Edge - however I can also delete site cookies easily in Edge.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Just updated the tick boxes in 'Notifications | Settings' and got logged out when clicked Submit.

When I cam to login in again FF had forgotten my password so I had to re-eneter it but thi think might be because I'd previously always used HTTP but now I'm on HTTPS.

Ken

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

If you check the "Remember me" box then it should remember you until you clear your cookies
StuartR

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

I had ticked that box when I first logged in. My point was I got dumped out when I clicked submit on a dialog, while I was logged in.

Ken

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

There are still a few glitches - I have been logged out after posting too.
Best wishes,
Hans

Ted Myers
4StarLounger

Post by Ted Myers »

Hello, I have cleared all of FF browser, but still can't log in using https://www.eileenslounge.com
log2.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have NO luck at all.
Windows 11 Home 23H2 Laptop

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

That is odd. Please try using a different browser. Also try logging in to eileenslounge.com, without the www.
StuartR

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

I know it won't help but 'me too'. I was dumped out earlier today, when I submitted a post.

Ken

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Just managed to login using Edge. My Chrome (PC and Android) will not permit me to login … invalid.
Just for information
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Have you tried deleting the Lounge cookies in Chrome?
See Clear, enable and manage cookies in Chrome
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

I had removed all Cookies etc from Chrome yesterday ( I usually clean up each week) but hey presto, just did them all again and I am in :fanfare:
Thank you Hans
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.