How to Stay Logged In to Eilleens Lounge

BobH
UraniumLounger

How to Stay Logged In to Eilleens Lounge

Post by BobH »

Senility rears its ugly head again.

Recently I find that I'm being logged out after a period of time even though I have not closed my browser or the tab in my browser. I use Firefox. It is up to date. I have put https://eileenslounge.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; in the list of cookies not to delete; otherwise I tell Firefox to delete cookies when it closes. I am not running CCleaner but rather running Glary Utilities quick clean up daily. I have put the url in its white list of stuff not to bother when cleaning up.

What else do I need to check and fix?
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

HansV
Administrator

Re: How to Stay Logged In to Eilleens Lounge

Post by HansV »

We've had some problems recently where members were logged out spontaneously during a session, or could not log in, or could not log out (!), so the problem may not be on your side. See Login Problems.
Best wishes,
Hans

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thanks, Hans!

My recollection of that thread was that it described an intermittent login problem. It has happened to me a couple of times. I didn't read closely enough to deduce that it has also been a logout problem.

As I said, senility strikes again.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

GeoffW
PlatinumLounger

Post by GeoffW »

I've frequently had this issue, and the Lounge is the only place I've had it. Every so often, I find myself logged out, and I have to log in again. It's usually Chrome on an Android phone, but I seem to remember having it happen on other devices as well. I've never particularly worried about it.

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

I have NOT had this Logging in issue, but I get a "Waiting for response from server" message.
This may last for several minutes and seems to only happen here at "The Lounge".

This happens on all of my devices, Windows 10 and Edge, Windows 8.1 and IE and even on my Kindle at times.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Our server isn't particularly fast. Delays often occur on the hour, when digests are sent out.
Best wishes,
Hans

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Knock on wood . . . I'm staying logged in now. It's been several days since I had to login.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)

GeoffW
PlatinumLounger

Post by GeoffW »

I've just had that happen twice in the last day, after weeks of staying logged on. I definitely click on the option to stay logged in when I do log in.

Chrome on Android.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

It happened to me too this morning... :sad:
Best wishes,
Hans

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

And me, as well. I was logged in, got knocked off, then could not log in for about an hour. Elevenish am in TX CDT.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Not that it helps but I too got dumped out yesterday (Tues 3 Dec) afternoon but as you can see I'm logged in now (am, Wed 4 Dec).

Ken

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Is everyone using the

https://eileenslounge.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Security log in address?
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Ken's afternoon yesterday would probably have been my morning, as reported above.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Post by PaulB »

I must have missed the memo. When was this implemented?
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

We do have a digital certificate, so you can use https:// if you wish, but the Lounge interface has some problems if you use it.
Best wishes,
Hans

Rebel
4StarLounger
Location: Recently moved to Bracebridge - in the heart of Muskoka.

Post by Rebel »

This problem (spontaneous logging out and not being able to log in for a period of time) is getting to be a regular occurrence. This is happening to me on a daily basis, and sometimes multiple times throughout the day. Hopefully this resolves itself soon.
John :canada:
A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

It happens to all of us (including the admins). Unfortunately we have no clue to what causes it or how to solve it - I have tried some suggestions from the phpBB forums without success...
Best wishes,
Hans

GeoffW
PlatinumLounger

Post by GeoffW »

And again...

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

This thread took off. To make sure I'll be logged out or not being able to login in the very close future I going to say that I've only experienced this once, when trying to login and comment in Ken's thread on the same issue. :grin:

(I usually log out, cookies are for the session, and they are cleaned every now and then anyhow.)

Thought some timing issue might be the cause, but it seems to be two problems (or three), related to each other, or something; not being able to login, and being able to login but being kicked out after some time (if I understand) as if a cookie had expired.

But what really takes the biscuit, or cookie, :grin: must be not being able login again for some time (assuming people have done some cleaning).

(As we know, cookies are there, for several reasons, but among them is that HTTP is a stateless protocol, it can't remember any session information (no such information is kept or transferred); it can be done in some other ways I think, using some unique URL or similar. In some cases it doesn't matter, the site works anyhow.)
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Sometimes, when the problem occurs while you're logged in, you can't post or reply, but neither can you log out!
Best wishes,
Hans